Thai massage has its roots in historic Siam and India and is influenced by Buddhist traditions. Thai massage is characterized by the whole body. The massage is convenient because it can be done through clothes and done on a mat. Yoga stretches play an important role in massage, which promotes the restoration of shortened muscle length, relaxation of tense muscles and improved joint mobility. Massage performed in the rhythm of breathing has a calming effect on the psyche. Unlike massages performed on the massage table, lying down, which provide long-term wrinkling, the client feels energized after a Thai massage session. Thai massage combines three therapy techniques into one whole – line therapy, deep massage with muscle and tendon meridians and manual therapy with yoga elements. The massage is performed on the mat through light clothing.
- Acute heart, kidney or liver failure;
- Inflammatory skin diseases;
- Inflammation of muscles and tendons;
- Acute trauma (fracture, dislocation, concussion);
- Artificial joints in the stretched area;
- Infectious diseases (tuberculosis and others);
- Inflammatory diseases (fever leads to exacerbation of the disease);
- Major birthmarks and bruises in the massaged area;
- Under the influence of drugs or intoxication;
- Venous problems (varicose veins, risk of thrombosis);
- High blood pressure;
- In case of heart disease, high blood pressure or varicose veins, blood flow must not be stopped by blocking the arteries;
- Abdominal massage should not be performed for gastrointestinal problems;
- Pregnant women are not given an abdominal massage.